For this activity, you need a giant staff. I made mine by using a Sharpie marker to draw five evenly spaced lines on a piece of heavy white fabric. The fabric was leftover from a friend’s IKEA curtains adventure, so the whole thing was free. Alternatively, you could check out the curtains/tablecloth section in Goodwill. No need to spend a lot of money on a nice, new piece of fabric.
What You Need:
- A giant staff
- A treble or bass clef
- It doesn’t have to match the size of the staff. Mine doesn’t.
- Cards with the musical alphabet on them, such as these
- Hand and foot cards
- Lay out your giant staff and place the clef.
How to Play:
- The teacher draws a hand/foot card and a letter card and calls them out. The student has to place that body part on that note.
- If they are still more or less upright when the time runs out or the cards run out, they win.
- If they fall down, just start from scratch.