I have seen a couple of different versions of music Jenga on various blogs. Mostly people write note values or something of like that on their blocks. But I like a lot more flexibility than something written in permanent marker. Here is my version.
What you need:
- Use two or three types of small stickers and stick one to each block in the set.
- To be totally honest, my set is old and some of the stickers have fallen off. That’s not a problem. My three categories are star stickers, smiley face stickers, and no sticker at all.
- Flash cards for whatever you want to drill
- Use two or three different sets or split one set into different piles. Each set should be assigned to one type of sticker.
- One set can even be something as simple as measure numbers in the student’s current song.
- Create a Jenga tower according to the rules of the regular game.
How to play:
- Each player draws a digital block and places it on top just like in regular Jenga.
- Depending on what stickers on that block the player must also answer flash card before moving on.
- Play until the tower falls or you run out of time.