Here’s what we did in August.
Week 1: We played Pictionary (Music Twist) to practice note reading.
- Very successful as long as I removed the right cards from the stack based on the kids’ abilities.
Week 2: We did a drumming challenge, which mainly involved improvising rhythms and playing them back on drums.
- I haven’t blogged about the details yet because I’m still pondering why it worked so well for some students and not so well for others.
Week 3: We did the Thunderstorm Improv.
- Everyone enjoyed it, and it was really very interesting seeing how many completely different thunderstorms we got even though everyone had the same basic instructions.
Week 4: We did the Cup Tower drill to work on our current pieces.
- A big hit with everyone.