Every year, I always spend a chunk of time looking for Halloween repertoire for my students. It’s a tricky business to find something that is exciting and challenging, but not too challenging, for each individual student. Ultimately, the goal is to find several pieces for each student to choose from. They’re usually excited about this music, and if we start in the first week of October and if they actually practice at home, we often do all of their choices throughout the month.
At any rate, the links for this year’s Halloween music are below, roughly in order of difficulty. My thanks to the other teachers out there who are posting their own music. The pieces that don’t have a composer listed below were written by me.
- Halloween, Halloween by Susan Paradis
- Five Little Pumpkins by Susan Paradis
- Hey, Mr. Mummy by Susan Paradis
- It’s Halloween! (Alfred’s Piano Library, Lesson Book, Level 1A, p. 59)
- Trick or Treat Tonight (The Candy Version)
- Trick or Treat Tonight (The Scary Version)
- Freaky Fright Day by Jennifer Foxx
- Cats at Night by Dana Thynes (This is part of a set that is not free, but her fees and terms are extremely reasonable.)
- Goblins, Tiptoe
- Combe Carey Hall: The Haunted Mansion
- As the Hearse Goes By, arr. by Gilbert DeBenedetti
- Hedwig’s Theme, by John Williams (There are multiple versions of this; none of the free ones are legal.)
- Darth Vader’s Theme, by John Williams (Same as above.)
- Monster Dance by Jennifer Fink