This is a board I drew up on graph paper in a few spare minutes and can be used for anything.
What You Need:
- Rainbow Game Board
- Two Dice
- Two Game Markers
- Flashcards for whatever you want to drill
- Place the two game markers at the entry square.
- Assign each color a category or flashcard:
- I varied this for each student. Sometimes it was different sections of the piece they were learning, sometimes it was ear training on intervals or dictating a rhythm.
How to Play:
- Roll the dice. Move your marker that many squares forward. Do the challenge for that color.
- Rolling doubles means you get to go again.
- Catching the teacher in a mistake means the teacher has to go back to where she was at the beginning of the turn.
- Winner is whoever gets to the end first, or if you run out of time, whoever is ahead when the lesson is over.