This activity requires a giant target. This may come with an archery set, but mine is a homemade job made out of an old curtain otherwise destined for the trash, a sharpie marker, and some spray fabric paint, which I didn’t even bother to try to keep in the lines. Regardless of how professional (or not) yours looks, the kids will have a good time with this.
What You Need:
- Giant Target
- Flashcards for whatever you want to drill
- Lay the target out on the floor.
- Place a flashcard on each color of the target.
How to Play:
- The student tosses the beanbag onto the target. I vary the starting position based on the throwing ability of the kid.
- Pick up the card for the color the beanbag landed on and have the student answer it. Replace the card and go again.
- Some kids will like to keep score. If so, give them 1 point for a bull’s eye, 2 points for the next color, etc. The goal is to keep the score as low as possible. If they are motivated by competition, the teacher can play too. In that case, miss some of the answers and offer them a point off their score tally if they catch you making a mistake.