Here’s a simple way to make things more fun during the lesson. I’ve provided a link to the three printables, I used, but the Internet is full of such drawing dice games, and you could use any of them.
What You Need:
- Blank paper
- A printable guide for a dice drawing game, such as Roll-a-Snowman or Roll-a-Face or Roll-a-Monster.
- A list of what musical challenges go with each number on the die. You can put anything you want to drill here. For example, my list said:
- 1 = Note name challenge
- 2 = Rhythm challenge
- 3 = Improv duet
- 4 = Sight reading challenge
- 5 = Review song
- 6 = Freebie
How to Play:
- The student rolls the die. They must complete the challenge for that number first. Afterwards, they can draw the corresponding snowman, face, monster, or whatever.
- The teach plays too, so you can see more than one result of the drawing game, but the teacher doesn’t need to complete challenges. (It takes too long that way.)