Everyone loves Christmas music enough that even sight reading can become bearable. This is not a game, but most of my students found it fun anyway.
What You Need:
- Books of Christmas music at various levels.
- I find that choosing a book two levels below where the student is works best.
- That’s not possible if your student is in the first two levels, but it may still be possible to go to the beginning of the book, or have them sight read just one line or measure while you play the rest. If worst comes to worst, learn it by rote instead of sight reading.
What to Do:
- Open up the book and just have them start playing!
- If they are doing well enough, play a duet part along with them.