There is nothing better than using the same materials you already created for a new purpose. My Thanksgiving turkey from Pluck the Turkey (Note Review) is a multi-purpose turkey for drilling other things as well.
What You Need:
- A turkey body, plus a lot of feathers
- I cut mine out of scrapbooking paper so they were already in cute patterns with no extra effort on my part.
- If you want to be able to reuse it for multiple purposes, laminate everything. Otherwise, don’t bother.
- Tape or sticky tack
- Write on the back of the feathers what you want to drill, such as:
- Phrase 1, Phrase 2, Phrase 3, OR
- Review Song, Recital Song, Sightreading, OR
- Rhythms to clap back OR
- write absolutely nothing and just draw a card from a stack of flashcards when necessary.
- Hide the feathers around the room or don’t bother and just put them in a heap next to your turkey body.
How to Play:
- The student finds a feather if they are hidden or just choose one if they’re not.
- Do whatever is on the flashcard.
- Tape or sticky tack the feather on the turkey body to make your turkey resplendent.